Wilderness Trekking – backpacking for several days through the wild and remote mountains and river valleys of Montana – this Basecamp training is the core of the MOHAB program.
The objective of MOHAB’s Wilderness Trekking Training program is simple:
To empower participants with the mastery of critical wilderness travel skills that they can teach to others.
MOHAB’s Wilderness Trekking Training curriculum includes FIVE core areas:
- ULTRALIGHT BACKPACKING – The philosophy, equipment, and techniques of contemporary ultralight backpacking. We wholeheartedly adhere to the notion that we can reduce our pack weights with more knowledge, higher skills, and better planning!
- EXPEDITION COOKING – Learn how to prepare your own gourmet meals in the backcountry with minimal cooking equipment and lightweight ingredients.
- RISK MANAGEMENT – Become familiar with the process of making good decisions in the face of challenging and unpredictable circumstances that will empower you to be comfortable leading your own wilderness expedition.
- NAVIGATION – Learn the process of navigating quickly and accurately, both on and off-trail, in forest, river, and mountain environments.
- INCLEMENT CONDITIONS – Learn how to use your gear to maximum advantage, especially shelters, sleep systems, and clothing systems, for inclement mountain weather conditions.